BOOK CLUB QUESTIONS: Jar of HeartsOctober 29, 2022
Welcome to our book club questions for Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier
- Did you think Geo’s five-year sentence was fair given the fourteen years Angela’s family suffered not knowing what happened to their daughter’s fate?
- Do you believe the incident with Bernadette is common in prisons or fabricated for the story?
- Did you think the detective could be unbiased when he clearly loved Geo?
- Do you believe Cat deserved an early release on compassionate grounds?
- How much do you think her mother’s premature death and her father’s absence affected Geo’s decisions regarding the Sweetbay Strangler?
- Do you think coercion and all different variants of an abusive relationship, especially red flags, should be taught in schools?
- How do you feel about the jealousy Angela shows and how important looks are to young girls?
- Were you shocked to learn the extent of Geo’s involvement in Angela’s death?
- Geo contacted six hair salons to find a job. Were the owners justified in not considering her for employment? Should there have been more support for her when she left prison?
- Was Kaiser wrong to enter a relationship with Geo?
- The narrator said, ‘In every story, there’s a hero and a villain.’ Who is the hero, and who is the villain of this one?
- How shocked were you to learn the truth about Geo’s involvement in Angela’s death?
Photo by Lukas