BOOK CLUB QUESTIONS: Daisy DarkerJanuary 31, 2023
Welcome to our book club questions for Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney.
- This book was packed with interesting characters. Who was your favourite? Who was your least favourite?
- Nancy and Frank had a complicated relationship. What were the main reasons for this?
- Nana was full of good advice: Don’t waste your life wishing to be like someone else; decide who you are and be you; curiosity doesn’t always kill the cat; we all get broken sometimes, and if you can help fix someone, you should always try.” What is your one piece of advice for your family?
- What’s your view on the poetry scattered in the story? Love or hate?
- Daisy Darker’s family was as dark as can be. For you, who was the darkest?
- “Nan’s little library was my Disneyland.” What is your Disneyland?
- How – at all – did your view of Daisy change as the story progressed?
- This is a book of family secrets. To discuss the darkest would be a plot spoiler. #nospoilers. What do you think was the second darkest secret?
- “I’m not an expert in the afterlife.” What’s your view on life after death?
- The ending, in my opinion, is a marmite one. I loved it. What about you?
Photo by Maria Ilaria Piras